Saturday, 5 November 2016

And I stopped…


I was running from the world, I was running from the path which showed me a peculiar memory.
I kept running, deep down the river through that bridge I could see the Jhelum smiling at me but I'm afraid I don’t want him to gulp me deep inside the water.
I knew everyone was staring at me in my barely dressed clothes but what the world gave me was far more than caring about the people.
Tears drops kept falling from my tear duct, running through my cheeks into my mouth but I kept running from my miserable life.
In a sudden I stopped my feet trying to hold my body back.
I looked straight to the direction where the road was taking me. I tried to wipe the tear drops but my hands were frozen.
I tried to turn away but my feet and all the gravity stopped it.
I tried to bring my eyes in movement but they kept staring at him.
I tried to throw me into the river, gulp in its waves but it was far left behind.
What was I supposed to do? He was standing right in front of me.
I thought I was running away from my miserable life not knowing that I actually was running towards it.                       ©Sammah.Masoodi